Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Randomness

I have another blog -- Random Ravings. Today, I'm going to do just that -- here, not there. I wrote a nice little blog over there and Blogger lost it. Yep, I'm blaming them. Not my fault. (Although, I do know better than to compose my blogs at Blogger.) The loss of a good 30 minutes of work soured my mood, so today you’re getting random tidbits.

First, did you read Alyson’s last post here? (No? Go read it!) Amazing! What a voice! I’d describe her voice as fun and irreverent, bold and spicy – like good Thai food eaten with great friends or a trip to a funky, eclectic coffee house to overindulge in rich coffee and Baileys until late into the night. Regardless, you end up getting less sleep than you need, but loving every minute of it. I’m pretty sure it’ll be that way with her books, too – you’ll stay up too late reading them, but you’ll hit the bookstores the day the next one comes out so you can do it all over again.

I just checked out the USA Today Best-Seller List. I was curious to see what was on it that I’d read, had in a stack to be read, wanted to go buy, and flat didn’t care about. (Oh – I only looked at the first 60. I got bored after that. ) Here’s what I came up with:Read – The Secret; Second Sight (reading currently); The Purpose Driven Life,
In a stack to read – Eat, Pray, Love; Fear No Evil.
Yep, that’s it. Pretty much the rest of them are take or leave or just leave.

I came up with some words in my morning pages today to describe the kinds of books I hope to write: exotic, gritty, sensual, intriguing, passionate, and dark.

For dinner, as I type, I’m eating frozen veggies (microwaved, of course) and French bread. I have no groceries – obviously. I hate to grocery shop. If someone would invent a way for me to ensure that I always had the groceries I wanted when I wanted them and I never had to go back to the grocery store, well, I might give up a kidney for that.

Okay, I told you it was random. (And a little lame.)

Everyone can get off easy at least once, can’t they?

Go write.

Macy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It totally works for me! And, wow, I don't know how to thank you enough for the compliment. It gives me something to try to live up to. I like the words you came up with for yours. I think of your voice as sexy, intriguing, film noir-ish, dark in an ominous/mysterious sort of way, complex but with a smooth finish. All these things are happening but they glide down easy. Oh, and you definitely have the sensual thing happening!

Now, go write and get yourself unstuck down there in sunny Florida. It's snowing here. Yep, snowing!

Alyson

p.s. I'm with you on the grocery shopping -- and dusting. Ugh to both.

Macy O'Neal said...

You make it (my voice) sound like wine! Love it! Thank you!
Macy

PS> Sorry about then snow.