Monday, April 23, 2007

Lovin' the Planet

Yesterday I said I'd be back with my "Sunday Six" of hot, outdoor love scenes. I was wrong. I've been busy and I just couldn't come up with six without doing extensive research-- or at least some research which I didn't manage today. Instead, I offer you another "six" in lieu of the hot, outdoor love scenes. ( Jackie may still come up with some for your perusing pleasure.) They have nothing to do with romance but they have a lot to do with loving the planet:)

Here are six "environment& ecology" reads that I recommend in addition to picking up a copy of the Green Pages, which is a directory of green products and businesses, and watching An Inconvenient Truth, the academy award-winning film.

1. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
2. Hoot by Carl Hiassen
3. The Great Kapok Tree and A River Ran Wild by Lynne Cherry
4. anything by Barbara Kingsolver but especially Small Wonder, Prodigal Summer, or her latest, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
5. The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiesson
6. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Cheers and happy writing (and reading),
Alyson

1 comment:

Cinderwriter said...

excellent list Alyson!