Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday with a chippendale

Warning-- this is pure silliness.



Okay, the scoop on the birthdays--

In January, Samantha and Roxy have back to back birthdays. Interestingly, they work in the same industry near the top of the ladder. They email on our loop a little less than the rest of us (a lot less than me, the grand master poster). They both live in cool, western cities. They have a more practical and grounded view when it comes to religion and new agey "airy fairy" stuff. Simply put, they share many similarities-- although, of course, there are differences, too, and they have unique voices. Since I'm new agey, however, I give weight to the similarities and say, "Hmmm. Interesting that there is a possible astrological basis for what they have in common."

Giggle if you wish. Whatever you believe, astrology is still fun, no?

In May, Jackie and I have back to back birthdays. May 20th for Jackie and the 21st for me. We're right on the Taurus-Gemini cusp. We have certain similarities, too. We're both of Celtic and Nordic descent. We both married Italian guys. We're both stay at home moms. Our pasts have eerie similarities. But there are also big differences. I can see that I have more of the irritable, Gemini twin in me. (Waaah, who wants to be irritable?)

Anyway, I have two different books that give little astrological revelations by birth date. The first is called the Portable Book of Birthdays. The second is What Your Birthday Reveals About You. I use them as a resource for choosing character birthdays and to amaze my friends and family. Just kidding on the latter.

Today, I sent Jackie her birthday "revelations."

From the Portable Book of Birthdays -- Such a sweetheart. Self-centered but lovable, others quickly forgive your minor faults. You make new friends easily. You're not a rocket scientist, but then who is? Still, you're bright. Your friends may need sunglasses. Fun? If you're there, it's fun.

Famous people born on the 20th-- Cher, Busta Rhymes, Honore de Balzac, Jimmy Stewart

Oddly, what I didn't mention to Jackie, is a warning to protect her own eyesight-- Always protect your own eyesight as well, bright one. To understand why that gave me chills, ask Jackie about her dental misadventures and how she ended up half-blind. Scary!

From What Your Birthday Reveals About You-- The individual born on May 20th is charming and friendly, with the easy manner of someone who has been blessed with a winning personality. You are versatile, original, communicative and imaginative. A creative thinker with an artistic temperament, your hands and brain seem to work together in perfect harmony. Sociable and lighthearted, you generally respond to people and situations more quickly and openly than other Bulls. Placid, stable Taurus exerts a calming effect on Gemini's nervous, restless nature. Even so, you tend to flip flop. You like things safe and serene, yet crave change and diversity. A good listener and a persuasive talker, you're also astute at working behind the scenes. When you're thwarted in your efforts, you mix a bit of cunning with your charm to help turn things around. As a romantic partner, you are affectionate, sensual and exciting. you want the love and security of family life, but you also want the freedom and independence to pursue your own dreams.

On this day, the Norse festival of Mjollnir celebrates Thor's hammer.

Very nice. Jackie says it rings true. So then we move on to me.

The Portable Book of Birthdays is a bit smart alecky. You may have gathered that from the rocket scientist crack. Check this out for those born of 5/21--

You're a perfect fit for a warm spring day-- friendly, not a prejudiced bone in your body, a little dynamo of sparkling activity. (SO FAR, SO GOOD.) Holding onto things can be a pain since you're not real good at keeping track. Being a little more orderly would help. (HELLO? HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING TO THE DH, CUZ I KNOW HE'S STILL PEEVED THAT I DROPPED A HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL AND DIDN'T NOTICE. LUCKILY HE DID, BUT HE 'S NEVER GOTTEN OVER IT.) A good life can turn you into a pumpkin, or at least a round radish, so exercise and watching your diet as you grow older is a must. Age slows your metabolism down. Duh. (UH OH. HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT? DID THEY SEE THE PICTURE I POSTED AT MY ALYSON BLOG TODAY. LOOK, I'M WORKING ON IT!) Learn how to budget both time and expenses because impulse shopping and sloppy bill paying come easy.

Good grief, on the pumpkin thing. Note Jackie's description says nothing at all about turning into a damn pumpkin!

Famous people born on May 21st -- Raymond Burr (yikes on the pumpkin thang!)and Fats Waller(gulp!)

I'm properly aghast, so let's move on.

From What Your Birthday Reveals About You--

I'm noting that the first part of this is funny because I recently claimed that I don't like to rush around when in truth I don't like to pack my schedule tight because I always end up rushing and whirling around no matter what, and I'd truly prefer if I didn't. Anyway--

Twins born on the 21st are the whirling dervishes of the zodiac. You whirl from place to place, meeting people and gleaning bits of news and information as you go.A consummate communicator, you can barely wait to share what you've learned with others. Although you skim the surface of most subjects, you have a knack for zeroing in on the essentials. As a result, you often have a better understanding of people and situations than those who pride themselves on probing deeply for the facts. People born on the May 21 are optimistic, versatile and independent. You believe in yourself and in your ability to overcome difficulties. You aren't afraid to act on hunches. Because you're convinced variety is the spice of life, you're always on the lookout for new challenges and adventures. Your restless temperament abhors a vacuum so you fervently resist attempts to box you in. Boring company and dull, tedious situations won't hold you for long.

In love and romance, it takes both intellectual and physical stimulation to keep you interested. Effusive emotion and unremitting intimacy can scare you off.

Okay, so that's all pretty true, and the last bit explains why I don't think I'm all that romantic although my chickies here have assured me that I am:)

Happy birthday to us,Jackie. Enjoy the video when the girls are sleeping--ha!
Alyson

1 comment:

Cinderwriter said...

Thank you so much Alyson!! I feel so loved! :o) Happy Birthday to you too!!!!
Jackie