Monday, June 11, 2007

Cicadas

Macy recently heard that the best blog entries are short. Uh oh! Silly me. If you haven't noticed by now, I tend to be long winded but I'm going to keep it to two glittering paragraphs tonight.

The subject? Cicadas. A couple weeks ago I mentioned the cicada invasion over at my Alys on Love blog. Let me just say things have changed. We went from fascination and devotion to the cicadas, so much so that we had to carefully remove them from my tires and driveway before pulling out to avoid smooshing them to my dogs eating them up, my son riding over them with his tricycle, the neighbors complaining about the noise and the so-called "cicada pee", five-year-old, Samantha,(who has always been afraid of bugs) picking them apart with her tweezers and telling Dante to eat them without the wings. The mating still provides some interest (Mommy, why are they stuck together?) but over all, the honeymoon is over.

The tie in? My fascination with my first novel evah has followed much the same cycle. Ha! I'm now picking it apart with the tweezers. And I'm sure everyone is quite sick all the noise.

Cheers and happy writing,
Alyson

p.s. All right--that wasn't glittering, but it was short and sweet, no?

3 comments:

Macy O'Neal said...

No -- we're not sick of your novel and talking about it. You verbalize well what we all feel.

But, I love the analogy!!

Macy

Cinderwriter said...

Great Analagy Alyson!
Do what you must, we will support you all the way.
Kimmy

Cinderwriter said...

AHHHH...I mean Jackie!