Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nationals to do list

Something has reignighted my muse.

I love it.

I think it might have to do with going to Nationals this week. This week!!! I've waited to so long for this. Marcus and I talked about just this possibility at this time last summer. I've been dreaming for a year, and now I leave in 73 hours. Yes, I have it on a countdown.

How will I ever be able to concentrate this week? I have 2 interviews, 2 meetings, and a new program for work that really need some attention. But no -- all I can do is peruse blogs about Nationals and dream what it will be like.

I have a list of things to do, however, to make sure I'm ready.

I need to pick up last minute items. I've carefully pieced together my outfits from existing clothing and new stuff. I think I still need a few things. I have to take care of that today.

I need to try on my outfits -- just to make sure.

I need to pick up one of my favorite shirts and a cocktail dress from the dry cleaners.

I need to pack -- notebooks and pens and shampoo and shoes and my cool new business cards and the list goes on.

I need to read the conference program. Again. Did I highlight what I really want to see? Have my needs changed from yesterday when I last looked at it?

I need to get my laptop set up to access the Internet from anywhere. (Thank goodness one of the tech guys is a friend and a dream to work with.) I want to take my laptop (archaic as it is) so that we can access the internet while we're at the hotel -- maybe throw up a few blogs since we're on the National Blogroll.

I NEED to finish my pitch. But I'm fearing I'm going to that last minute thing I always do and I'm trying to stop myself, but I can't......

I need to really look at my bags.... what do I want to carry around to fill with books and handouts and notes?

I need to buy extra dog food for the DH and make sure my mother-in-law is coming over to help with the dogs and kids for a few days. The DH says he can do a week without me on his own, but we've been through this sort of thing before and I have my doubts. (Don't tell him....)

And now, I need to go write. Yesterday, the muse was wild and free and we had so much fun. I stopped when my head was bouncing on the keyboard, but I've had my coffee now and she's loose again.

Hope to see you in Dallas in a couple of days.

Macy

No comments: